Friday, February 8, 2013

No 7 Cleanser and Toner - review

One of my new years resolutions was to take better care of skin, I therefore decided to start cleansing and toning as I never have before.
 
I was in boots not really sure which brand to buy from or which cleansers/toners work well with dry skin when I remembered I had a £5 off voucher for No 7 skin care so I headed for that counter.
They had an offer on so it was 3 for the price of 2 and they had cleansers and toners for those with dry skin - Perfect!
 
I picked up 2 cleansers at £9 each and one toner and £8, it should have been £27 but with my voucher and the offer I got all 3 for £13.
 
I left feeling like I had picked up a bargain and I felt glad that I was sticking to one of my new years resolutions!
 
 
 
But then I used the product.
 
The cleanser  states: 'cleverly dissolves make up'  IT LIES!! It did an awful job at removing my make up and I ended up having to use a make up wipe. The product also states: 'because all skin can have sensitive moments all our products are hypo allergenic so they are kind to even the most sensitive skin'  I don't suffer from very sensitive skin yet this cleanser left my skin feeling stingy and sore.
 
I was not pleased or imperessed with this product in the slightest!
 
The toner is okay, it removes any make up which is left behind after using a make up wipe (I gave up on the cleanser and have kindly donated it to the rubbish bin as I feel this is where it truly belongs!) but it doesnt leave my skin feeling any more 'refreshed' or 'hydrated' than it did before.
 
All in all these products are not great or even good and I most certainly don't recommened them and won't be purchasing them again!
 
Can anyone suggest a cleanser and toner for dry skin which does what it says and works well!?
 
Preferably one which wont break my bank either!?
 
Amber
xoxo
 


11 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award :) check out my blog betweentodaytomorrow.blogspot.co.uk for more info x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh dear, Sounds like a wash out, gutted when things like that happen. Sorry to say but anything good for the face normally is expensive, id shop around and read reviews. You never know there could be some good recommendations :)

    Pippxx
    http://pippjones281190.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, but if it does the job well then I guess it's worth it!

      Amber xoxo

      Delete
  3. I like the honest blog post! It's all well and good having great reviews for things, but i think it's really good to have reviews which mention the bad products and then you know they're honest x

    http://katbr4dy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Honesty is always the best policy :)

      Amber xoxo

      Delete
  4. I've never tried any of No7's skincare, and I probably won't in the future now either haha. Their skincare products seem to be really hyped up on TV and in magazines though, so it's nice to get an honest opinion.

    http://bella-vita-xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it definitely didn't work for me!

      Amber xox

      Delete
  5. If you're looking for a good make-up remover/cleanser try the bioderma créaline H20 you'll love it forever !

    Charlie xx
    http://charliesmakeupboxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iv'e had my eye on that for a while! It's on my wish list so hopefully i'll purchase it soon :)

      Amber xoxo

      Delete
  6. I don't have dry skin so I can't recommend one for your skin type I'm afraid :/ I gotta say I've always been tempted by the No7 skin care range. But I've def been put off now. It's good reading reviews like this to steer you away from wasting money!
    ..and if you're ever passing through my blog Amber, do say hi! I'd love to get to know more bloggers :)
    Kerry x
    www.kerralina.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely!
    I'll check your blog out now :)
    Amber xoxo

    ReplyDelete