Saturday, February 2, 2013

Everyday make up

Good morning blogger!
 
I have recently changed a few products I use in my everyday make up routine so thought I would share them with you :)
 
I enjoy reading 'what's on my face'  and 'everyday make up' posts as I find them great for inspiration on changing up my everyday look and I just find it interesting to see what products people use on a daily basis!
 
I tend to wear light make up in the day sometimes adding a neutral eyeshadow and some lippy.
 
I'll stop boring you now and get on with it!!
 
Here are the products I use pretty much everyday:
 
 
On my face:
Nivea express hydration primer - This moisturiser really does hydrate my skin and leaves it feeling all softy and smoothy, it also works as a great primer providing a nice base for my foundation.
Rimmel wake me up foundation (shade: true ivory) - I LOVE THIS!! If you haven't already tried this I strongly urge you to. I first tried this foundation at the beginning of last year and have repurchased it over and over again ever since. It's reasonably priced, the texture isn't too watery, you don't need a great deal to provide coverage for your whole face and it stays put more or less all day.
Avon bare minerals powder (shade: sand beige) - I purchased this a long time ago, a really long time ago. It then got pushed to back of my make up draw and I forgot about it until I had a sort out a couple of weeks ago. I have no idea if it still available to purchase but I do know that it only cost a few pounds and makes my foundation last even longer throughout the day and it feels lovely to wear.
Sleek blush by 3 (lace) - I ordered this recently and it only took 3 days to arrive at my door! I have used everyday since then and love the fact you can create a range of looks with one product. I have the palette in the shade 'lace' which comes with a coral colour (crochet), a pinky colour (chantilly) and a shimmery pink in the middle (guipure). In the picture below I am wearing the shade chantilly with a touch of guipure to add a slight shimmer.
 
 
Eyes:
Benefit brow shaping kit (dark) - This is a great little kit for filling your eyebrows, it comes with a hard angle brush for the wax and a blending brush for the powder. It also comes with a mini pair of tweezers which I haven't actually used (I prefer normal sized ones although its a great idea if your out and about and have a stray eyebrow hair I guess!) This product is easy to use and lasts all day. I have had this kit for around 6 months and there is still alot of the product left.
Rimmel trio eyeshadow - This is great for everyday use as the colours are not too dark or shimmery. As the name suggests, there are 3 colours included, a cream, light brown and darker brown. These colours blend well together and stay put for a long time.
Rimmel glam eyes liquid liner - This is just your standard liquid liner! It works well and does the job without smudging or fading throughout the day.
Max Factor clump defy mascara - I find this mascara is great for lengthening lashes but not so much for adding volume. However, I still love it and tend to add 2 coats of for a better effect.
 
Lips:
Rimmel Apocalips (shade 102 Nova) - This is a recent purchase which I am both impressed with and unimpressed with, if that's even possible! I love the colour of this and the texture, it isn't too thick and isn't at all sticky. On first application it looks really stunning, however, after an hour the colour starts to fade and requires constant application throughout the day. I am going to a more in depth review on this product soon, possibly tomorrow, so that's all I'll say for now!
 
 
 
 
Here is the finished look!
 
Are there any products you want me to review in more detail?
Have you tried any of the products I use? If so, what did you make of them?
 
Amber
xoxo


3 comments:

  1. great makeup! you look so pretty

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your super pretty x

    check out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic make-up! and you truly look adorable x
    bless
    http://makuna-hatata.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete